Dressage Judge Blog No. 28. Grand Prix choreography: additional recommendations for walk, piaffe, passage, pirouettes and changes.
If shown deliberately, the Judges will have to lower your marks if:
- Walk is only shown as a shoulder-in, or as half pass or as leg yielding.
- Choreography clearly has less than 20m walk consecutively.
- Piaffe is only shown as a pirouette(s).
- If you show clearly less than 1 x 10 straight steps of piaffe.
- Piaffe is only shown as a pirouette.
- Passage is only shown as a half pass.
- If you show clearly less than 1 x 15m of Passage.
- Only half instead of full pirouette is shown.
Deliberately not enough changes in a series. However, “not being able to show the required number of changes due to a mistake or resistance of the horse will not automatically reduce the marks for choreography and degree of difficulty but must reduce the technical mark and can reduce the mark for harmony.”